QR18277 - Senior Manager Finance - Policies & Internal Controls | Qatar Airways | Doha
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
In the role of Senior Manager - Finance Policies & Internal Controls, you will develop a robust Internal Controls Framework across the Finance Operations in Qatar Airways Group, and identify opportunities to further strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of risk based internal controls.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
Internal Controls — Finance Division
- Ensure a risk based methodology is developed to identify key internal controls across the Finance Functions, to evaluate the adequacy of Control Design and its effectiveness to mitigate the risks.
- Establish a process to undertake "Stress Test" over the key internal controls and report any vulnerabilities identified during the review.
- Develop Risk Tolerances to quantify the likelihood and impact of potential scenarios leading to an internal control failure.
- Develop reporting mechanism to enable monitoring of key internal controls and their inter-dependencies across the Finance Functions.
- Establish a process for ongoing review, refinement and improvement of internal Controls Framework, its methodology and supporting procedures to ensure Executive Management can place reasonable assurance on the System of Internal Controls.
- Develop tools and supportive procedures to highlight the overall health of internal controls and risk management. Highlight to management any risk to the integrity of finance internal controls due to changes in Business operations or significant advances in Technology.
- Develop a robust process to review the internal and external audit reports with focus on lapses in Finance internal controls or non-compliance with Finance Procedures. Ensure adequate corrective actions are proposed to relevant stakeholders for timely and effective implementation of audit recommendations.
- Develop an ongoing mechanism to ensure an update and refinement of Risk and Controls Matrix (RCM) for respective Finance Functions, to ensure risk and mitigating controls are updated timely.
- Participate in working groups to create awareness about the significance of internal controls and contribute in developing measures to ensure compliance.
Finance Policies & Procedures
Ensure effective communication process is in place to notify concerned users of any changes and/or amendment to Finance Procedures.
- In an advisor capacity, provide support and guidance to concerned Manager(s) on setting-up governance arrangements for investment entities within the Qatar Airways Group.
- Ensure development and implementation of Finance Procedures (Policies, SOPs and Internal Accounting Procedures) to provide guidance to finance staff and other stakeholders across the Network.
Ensure the policy framework is based on clearly defined rules / principles and will enable the readers in making informed decisions.
Identify the key risks associated with Finance operations, ensure adequate Finance Procedures are in place to govern the risks, and robust internal controls are embedded in the Finance processes and/or workflows.
Develop mechanism to ensure existing Finance Procedures are continuously updated/revised to support
- Develop an effective audit liaison function to support OR management in facilitation and coordination of audits performed by the State Audit Bureau.
- Make logistics and supporting arrangements to ensure auditors are provided access to responsible staff in QR, access to QR facilities and IT systems.
- Ensure timely turn-around of information requested by the State Auditors.
- Develop preliminary review process over the information/data provided to respond to State Audit requests.
- Develop a reporting mechanism to update Executive Management over the audit progress and matters of concern.
Management & Leadership
- Establish team's objectives and priorities to align with management's directives and to support overall finance objectives.
- Regularly evaluate team's objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and propose appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
You will have a Bachelor's degree with preferably a Masters of Commerce/Accounting, Masters of Business Administration (Accounting Major). Qualified CA / CPA / CIA is also preferred.
In addition, you will have a minimum 10 or more years' experience with at least 5 years in an audit and assurance environment at a managerial position with at least 5 years' experience in an audit environment (post completion of CA / CPA / CIA).
The following job specific skills are also required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid presentation skills including use of latest IT solutions to make dynamic presentation to stakeholders across the Network.
- Strong ability to work in cross-culture environment, with teams spread across different geographies.
- Sound understating of Internal Audit, Risk Management and Corporate Governance practices.
- Sound knowledge and experience in development and implementation of internal controls framework.
- Sound knowledge, understanding and experience in application of International Accounting Standards / IFRS.
- Proven ability to constantly meet tight deadlines, ensuring quality control, and attention to detail.
- Must have excellent organizational ability to be able to set priorities, handle multiple responsibilities/work interruptions.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with minimal instructions.
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Candidate possessing the above requisites from a multi-national organization and/or the airline industry would be preferred.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV