The Mail and Express Product Specialist will assist the Manager Mail Product and Manager Express Product with ensuring commercial development and sustainability and service integrity as well as operational compliance.
You will be responsible to assist with the growth and development of e-commerce, postal logistics, and express/courier and provide commercial and operational expertise in order to grow the contribution from QR Mail and QR Express products. Your role will also interrelate across commercial activities where you will assist the Manager Mail Product and Manager Express Product in pro-actively managing commercial inquiries in an appropriate and timely manner. Other commercial duties include (but is not limited to) customer account development and monthly performance monitoring.
Further, you will assist in assuring that the handling of Qatar Airways' (QR) Mail and Express products right across the network is in accordance with the QR Cargo Service Manual (CSM) and any Local Service Agreements (SLA).
· Work in conjunction with the Manager Mail & Express product to provide full internal & operational representation at the hub and outstations.
· Steer capacity amongst the hub’s airmail team and Revenue Management to ensure operational efficiency, minimising delays and ageing mail movement.
· Oversee the global roll out and implementation of the QR mail automation project from project planning, organization, and steering to training and development.
· Work with the Manager Express Product to oversee and manage the enhancement project for the current Express product portfolio.
· Work in conjunction with the Managers to define, document and continuously update all operational policies and procedures with regards to handling of the products.
· Monitoring and analysing deviations from the standard processes as defined in the CSM and SLAs.
· Assist the Manager Mail Product with postal tenders in conjunction with Revenue Management and Pricing teams in a timely manner, ensuring stability on processes, agreed rates and capacity.
· Work closely together with the manager to define, agree and monitor key performance indicators to assure that quality targets are met and commercial success is assured.
· Ensure accurate and consistent information is relayed and reported to the operational teams.
· You will be responsible to communicate any long term operational changes to customers.
· You will be responsible to drive and ensure that stations strictly follow new customer set up procedures.
· Deliver an increased contribution from a portfolio of key postal & express customer accounts through effective sales relationship management, strong revenues and yield performances.
· Introducing and implementing of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Local operating procedures (LOPs) for new business.
· Liaise with global service recovery teams to process customer queries, complains and claims.
· Develop user guidelines for Ground Handling Agents (GHAs) and outstation staff.
· Liaise closely with QR cargo Revenue Management team, Pricing team and Products, global key account teams and QR cargo outstations.
· Work with and support QR Cargo Revenue Accounting department to standardize air mail accounting processes and disputes.
· Support the manager to design and maintain product flight schedule and all products related features.