QR17940 - Driver / Messenger (Line Maintenance) | Qatar Airways | Doha
Technical (Engineering) (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
You will be responsible for collection and distribution of documentations from assigned sections/departments and vice versa is delivered, without error and within set timeframes. You will handle the transport service for internal customers in a safe and timely manner and ensuring that vehicle is maintained to acceptable safety standards. You will ensure that the line maintenance supplies arriving at Technical Gate 1 & 2 to be collected on time.
Safely transport colleagues or internal customers to various locations in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
Accompanying visitors for line management from Technical building to airside areas as advised
Arrange and follow up visitor passes during AOG situations.
Maintain driver logs, daily-running charts accurately and complete pre-trip inspections to ensure company vehicle records are maintained as per company standard.
Regular washing/cleaning of management and line maintenance vehicles which is to be done through QAS
Handle the distribution, collection and delivery of documents/mail delivered to various locations in a timely and efficient manner.
Collection and maintain inventory of materials, pantry supplies, stationeries from Technical gates &
collection of reflective jackets from uniform section as requested by the department.
Collection of duty travel tickets from staff travel.
First Aid kit monitoring and replenishing.
Assisting and coordinating routine tasks and other assigned task, including but not limited to photocopying, filing, assisting in organizing and maintaining the staff desks and surroundings, maintaining office storage facility/store (ensuring it is clean, secure, dry and orderly tidy)
Additional Job responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
You should hold Higher Secondary education with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience. You must possess valid Qatari Driver’s License. You should have a minimum of 2 years of driving experience, preferably in a multinational/airline/hospitality organization. You should have good communication skills.
Job Specific Skills
- Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance.
- Vehicle safety course - Ramp/Fire Safety awareness preferred.
- Good driving skills- familiar with city roads- aware of traffic regulations.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Ability to use discretion and perform allotted tasks.
- Arabic Language fluency will be an added advantage
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
4. Copy of Driving License