As a Manager Technical Projects you will Project-manage the major Systems Projects in the Technical Department. You will develop a Project Management framework that will help streamline Projects meeting budget requirements, ensuring visibility of project status to all stakeholders within the Organization. You will also direct and manage multiple projects happening within Technical from the beginning until the end process. You will oversee quality control throughout any project life cycle by managing delivery timelines, project risks and while also acting as a liaison with all project stakeholders to ensure effective change management.
Your responsibilities will also include:-
• Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including but not limited to:
o Plans for project management, communication and stakeholder management
o Detailed Project Plans, including verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
o Comprehensive reporting formats, including timely reports to end users, management and
Steering Group members.
o Templates for project risk assessment and management
• While focusing on the major Systems implementation project, the principles and documentation would be generic in nature so that other projects in Technical can utilize the documentation.
• Coordinates internal as well as external resources for the flawless execution of projects within approved budget and timeline. Ensure resource availability and allocation at all phases of the project. Works with external suppliers (as required) to ensure project is implemented within contractual obligations. Engages all relevant parties, including Suppliers, to ensure QR is not penalized I impacted by non-compliance to contractual obligations. Work with stakeholders to define project success criteria, ensure that project teams disseminate them to involved parties so that all stakeholders work towards the same objectives.
• Create a detailed project plan and documentation to track progress as well as project performance in project scope, schedule and costs. Manage, highlight and/or changes in key parameters to the relevant authorities. Prioritizes project tasks, manages timelines, maintains project plans and communicates status to all stakeholders.
• Perform risk assessment using documented templates and I or other tools and techniques, to minimize project risks and ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of projects. Ensure that these are tracked and appropriate mitigation is put in place to reduce the risk of negatively impacting project scope, delivery times or cost.
• Support Line Management in the selection process for new Systems, in terms of technical evaluation and implementation. Support the teams for different phases on implementation commencing with gap analysis, change management, user acceptance testing, data migration and implementation.
• Working with Support teams and Training departments, you will plan, conduct and manage end-user training across the department for all major projects.
• Carry out post-project strategic reviews identifying areas of continuous improvement, within Project Management practice as well as the business arena. Identify opportunities that may emerge from projects to make further business improvements and communicate them to executive management.
• Promote Programme and Project management methodologies, processes and tools within Technical department for efficient management of projects I operations.
• Provide tactical guidance to Technical Senior Management so that all projects adequately account for required 'change management' and business process re-engineering, in order to ensure that the benefits of the project deliverables and accepted, embraced and undertaken by the general workforce.
• Maintain close liaison with all stakeholders during all phases of project execution.
• Ensure compliance with all legal, official and safety regulations, as well as internal and external audit requirements.