QR16792 - Component Configuration Engineer | Qatar Airways | Doha
Technical (Engineering) (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
You will be responsible for managing and monitoring component part master including configuration within Qatar Airways Technical department ensuring airworthiness and commercial control.
Key Accountabilities include:
- You will also be responsible to define, setup, authorize, monitor and control data set up within the ERP system that influences the operation, airworthiness and regulatory compliance.
- You will be responsible to define, setup, authorise, monitor and control data set up such as Part Number Master, Aircraft Master, MEL Master, ATA specification, PN Software configuration or any other master data within the ERP system that influences the operation, airworthiness and regulatory compliance.
- You will ensure parts are categorised and set up with the correct effectivity and interchangeability. The approved manuals such as AIPC, EIPC, AMM, CMM, CML, TEM, CEL,SM, SRM, Engineering Diagrams. Vendor AD,SB,SIL and Engineering documents (Engineering Order, Engineering Special Work Card, Component Modification Advice, etc.) will be used as source data and ensure new aircraft are inducted into the ERP system with the correct component information and configuration. This would include flight log records and component hours and cycles.
- You will ensure the live ERP system’s data is maintained and that any changes triggered by IPC, RSPL, MFG or any other approval documentation are up loaded into the system in a timely manner.
- You will maintain MEL Master in the system for the recording of MEL (Minimum Equipment Lists) for specific Aircraft type and series and ensure MEL’s are updated correctly into system and monitors.
- You will be responsible to define, build and maintain component configuration for each aircraft major assembly is in operation and develops business rules for master data set up and ensure that such rules are documented & implemented properly and ensure the system master data set up conforms to all aspects of technical and quality requirements.
- You will be responsible to maintain component data and configuration accuracy and supporting Technical with queries, issues and maintain a detailed understand of our ERP systems in relation to part master and configuration control ensuring any developments are fully understood, tested and trained before implementation.
We are looking for a bachelor degree graduate in an engineering discipline or Licensed Engineer qualification holder, with at least 5 years of job related experience. As well as a working knowledge of airline MRO systems, component configuration set-up and aircraft technical documentation requirements you should have functional knowledge of TRAX or any other ERP system. You should have minimum of 3 years’ experience in relevant field (Component Configuration, Material Engineering, Workshop Engineer, Technical Services). You should be well versed in evaluating workshop reports to identify scraps.
You should be a self-driven individual who is team oriented and has a logical approach to problem solving and decision making.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
4. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)