QR16789 - Ground Handling Procurement Specialist | Qatar Airways | Doha
Contracts, Procurement & Supply Chain
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role, you will perform operational tasks for all procurement requirements for the assigned product category, adhering to category strategy, in line with its financial and operational requirements. You will participate in managing vendor accounts, establishing strong interdepartmental relationships and providing time-bound execution of tenders. You will also work directly with end users to define specifications to execution of order.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Planning procurement activities in line with Category Plan, assisting with plan as required, meeting timeframes as agreed with user department
- Forward planning for procurement activities to achieve all projects competitively and on time
- Identifying and proposing cost savings opportunities for QR to reduce total spend
- Developing savings solutions and benchmarking of industry standards
- Recommending process improvements to reduce RFQ timelines
- Negotiating planning and execution with suppliers on costs, commercial and contractual terms and tracking supplier performance to circumvent issues and achieve higher service levels for QE
To be successful in this role, you will need a Bachelors degree combined with at least five years of relevant experience in Ground Handling. Knowledge of IATA requirements is essential. Airline Procurement experience would be beneficial. You will need strong communication and negotiation skills with solid numerical capability to present data clearly and accurately. You will also need sound planning, problem-solving and decision making ability with demonstrated ability to act proactively and show initiate.
You will need English language fluency (written and spoken) to perform this role.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
4. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)