QR16374 - Catering Performance Specialist | Qatar Airways | Doha
Catering Services (Division)
Cabin Services (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About role: Catering Performance Specialist:
In this role you will be responsible to manage the performance of a group of catering suppliers ensuring for consistent high quality delivery in full compliance with QR standards, procedures and budgets. You will represent caterer views within Catering Services and ensures clear communication of requirements and standards to supplier group.
- Acts as a Key Account Manager managing the supply of catering services from a group of stations in line with budgeted costs ensuring control of meal wastage and identification of savings opportunities.
- Ensures that all services provided are in line with Qatar Airways food safety, Halal and operational performance standards - developing and reporting / tracking performance standards and managing Corrective Action Plans as appropriate. Develop and maintain operational contingency plans with all stations to ensure operational performance maintained during times of disruption.
- Manages caterer performance through the use of on-site audits, feedback from other departments and airport teams and guests. Ensure that all results are tracked and caterers are ranked in a performance awards scheme. Responsible for monitoring, tracking and closing all VRs for the assigned station group and for reporting performance regularly to management.
- Manages the development and application of Catering Services’ operational SOPs and SLAs with suppliers
- Ensures caterers, where appropriate, develop onboard menus, in line with Qatar Airways style and food philosophy in association with the F&B team. Responsible for ensuring suppliers have the necessary culinary information to be able to cater as per the menus onboard.
- Maintains the integrity of Qatar Airways systems through the use of audits and delivery of training programs. Use feedback from other stakeholders to identify and resolve any issues
- Participates in all projects that have a direct impact on the operational or financial performance to ensure that they are deliverable; making recommendations that will support the desired outcome
- Supports other regions during times of annual leave always ensuring coverage for all stations and where necessary for 24/7 QROCC.
- Performs monthly checks on outbound and inbound flights in DOH covering product to and from the station group to ensure standards are adhered to, identify any issues and provide feedback to supplier and management as appropriate.
- Completes onboard audits during duty travel flights getting feedback from crew, checking standards and ensuring follow up action and resolution with caterer
- Is required to travel regularly, up to 50% of the time, to stations to ensure compliance
Additional Job responsibilities:
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in the duties above.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved
You should hold a Bachelor Degree with minimum 5 years of job related experience. You should have experience in Airline Catering with flight caterer or multi-national airline. You should have experience of supplier management. Previous or current experience as a Specialist in Operations Management will be preferred.
Certification on Food Safety management and the Degree in Hospitality Management will be an added advantage for this role.
Job Specific Skills:
- Well developed interpersonal and communication and skills.
- Must be able to multi task and prioritize tasks during periods of high operational tempo.
- Ability to create and execute operational plans to prevent and minimize operational disruptions
- Superior ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to direct team members in their work so as to best achieve shared organisational and operational goals.
- Ability to travel widely and for extended periods of time as required.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate