QR16345 - Cargo Operations Officer | Qatar Airways | Singapore
Full Time - Permanent
Asia Pacific | Singapore | Singapore
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
As a cargo operations officer you will be responsible to monitor and ensure smooth operations at the station through coordination with the Ground Handling Agent (GHA) and staff within the station. You will continuously monitor and develop adherence to regulations outlined by local authorities and regulatory bodies and ensure strict compliance to IATA regulations for effective movement of inbound and outbound cargo whilst reducing operational cost involved.
- Implement strategies to enhance services offered whilst reducing operational unit cost incurred in the region.
- Constantly monitor the cargo operations in the station and suggest to head office the best practices to be implemented in the region to achieve operational excellence.
- Maintain the freighter on time performance and ensure no delays occur due to ground operations throughout the delegated region.
- Implement, establish and monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with the GHAs in the region to ensure smooth cargo operations.
- Liaise with local government/customs authorities for obtaining permissions; to comply with regulatory issues related to cargo operations.
- Ensure discrepancies and non-conformance are minimized in order to reduce claims and penalties at the respective station.
You must have a bachelor’s degree with 5 to 8 years of airline or air freight industry experience from which a minimum of 4 years of job related experience on supervisory level. You must have good knowledge of Cargo operations, Dangerous Goods regulations, Live Animal Regulations and Perishable cargo handling.
You must have good command of written and spoken English and currently be eligible to live and work in Singapore. You must also be a good communicator with a team oriented personality.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV