Leadership & Management:
On a shift basis and within the assigned areas
• Supervise the delivery of the baggage handling operations for Hamad International Airport ensuring a first class service is provided.
• Ensure that management instructions, company policies, and standard operating procedures are followed and implemented.
• Ensure that manuals, process descriptions and procedures are updated and are in line with international and national regulations and companies policies.
• Provide relevant stakeholders staff with supervision, guidance, and support in live operation to ensure safe, efficient and smooth baggage handling operation in the assigned area from customer experience, OTP, and equipment, systems & facilities availability and reliability perspectives.
• Execute emergency protocols within the baggage area as defined in the Airport Emergency Plan.
On a shift basis and within the assigned areas.
• Attend to and resolve problems related to baggage handling.
• Identify and escalate risks and/or operational deficiencies, and implements effective solutions.
• Study, compile, and analyse statistics reports to identify and escalate risks and/or operational deficiencies, and implements effective solutions.
• Update and inform through reporting channels of necessary modifications or enhancements with supporting justifications to the processes, facilities and systems relating to baggage handling and hold baggage screening operations.
• Monitor and control outsourced contractors’ staff and performance including time and attendance and service levels.
• Provide guidance and support to the execution of agreed regular maintenance activities in accordance with BHS and HBSS provider guidelines.
• Ensure safe operation of all baggage handling equipment and systems including ancillary facilities.
• Ensure compliance with all standard operating procedure for baggage handling and related facilities.
• Liaise with Scheduling Operators and contractors to ensure adequate and efficient resources allocations including system availability and other operational requirements.
• Liaise between HIA, appointed sub-contractors, the handling company and carriers, HIA departments, and relevant stakeholders to resolve baggage related issues and problems and to ensure seamless operations and coordinate the best balance between operational and maintenance requirements.
• Ensure production of baggage handling statistics for the HIA management team.
• Ensure production of incident reports, shift reports, and safety reports for HIA management team.
• Any other projects, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.