Reporting to Manager Cargo Route, your role is to optimize the cargo capacity of a group of flights in order to maximize their revenue contribution to network, finding the right balance between load factor and yield. You will manage the flights over their booking cycle by forecasting the cargo capacity, setting inventory controls and overbooking levels and filtering the demand. You will need to monitor the performance of flights and take proactive and corrective actions.
The Flight Analyst is responsible of a set of flights and gets to make independent commercial and operational decisions to deliver maximal network contribution of his/her flights. This happens by:
- Forecasting the available capacity for cargo on the flights
- Understanding the booking behavior by analyzing data, refining that into a strategy and taking necessary actions during the booking window of the flights
- Working closely with Sales teams to drive desired type of cargo in his/her flights
- Evaluate incoming bookings if they meet the set commercial thresholds and operational restrictions of the aircraft and origin/destination airport
- Find and create alternatives such as flight routing adaptations, Road Feeder Services and interline solutions to accommodate lucrative bookings
- Hand over the flights to Operations with instructions how to fit the cargo into the aircraft
- Manage possible irregularities such as re-booking offloaded cargo.
Since our network covers the entire globe, Flight Analysts work in three shifts to ensure delivering best service to our valued customers. Most of the work will be carried out during the morning (6am to 2pm) and afternoon (2pm to 10pm) shifts; night (10pm to 6am) coverage is limited and therefore Flight Analysts have a night shift usually in every 12 weeks.
The role offers a good mix of operational duties such as taking decisions in booking inquiries and being in contact with the network, analyzing and developing processes and tools. Typically most days Flight Analysts are handling their operational responsibilities but thanks to dynamic nature of air cargo business and our growing network every day is different.