QR14409 - Logistics Coordinator (Custom Clearance) | Qatar Airways | Doha
Contracts, Procurement & Supply Chain
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
Effectively support the logistics section of the Procurement department in relation to day-to-day custom clearance activities (imports), for Alcoholic and Pork products for QR Group. Timely follow-up with Trucking company ,shipping lines and manage end to end custom clearance of the consignments in the most timely and economic manner ensuring best value for the company in line with its strategic, financial and operational requirements.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Work effectively in co-ordination with QR Logistics team
- Effectively follow up on day to day custom clearance of the consignment.
- Scrutiny of shipping documents such as Invoice , Packing list , Bill of Lading & Certificate of origin etc as per Doha customs regulation.
- Be aware of the local import and export customs law.
- Responsible for preparation & payment of the bayan.(Shipping Declaration)
- Responsible for Payment of Port storage and plugin charges if any. Such charges to get approved by Logistics department prior to payment.
- Responsible for transport arrangement with service provider and Road ticket for inside seaport task.
- Responsible for loading of containers on the trailer.
- Provider administrative support to managers and team
- Responsible to conduct inspection, X rays etc. with customs officials for shipment clearance
- Post custom clearance place trucks for container delivery process with QR Group department.
- Review Monthly report generation on Daily shipment clearance and update in system on daily basis.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Trade or Vocational Qualification
- To possess valid custom clearance license in Qatar
Job Specific Skills:
- Experienced - minimum 4 years of job-related experience required
- Arabic and English speaker.
- Good time management skills
- Coordinate actions and activities
- Attention to detail
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV