QR14394 - Occupational Health Specialist | Qatar Airways | Doha
QR Management (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Will be part of a team to deliver an Occupational Health Service to support the entire QR Group to include HIA Staff. Will carry out pre-employment health checks and medical screening and part of health Surveillances Program. Will manage occupational related medical cases.
- Liaise with managers to on their individual cases using the Occupational Health Service.
- Keeps managers up to date with developments in Occupational Medicine that could impact on their areas of work.
- Work the Line Manager to ensure the Occupational Health Service delivers best practice even in areas where regulatory standards are unavailable.
- Help deliver the Occupational Health Service to all Company grades as seen appropriate.
- Performing pre-employment health screening on all staff.
- Actively manage medical cases where work may have impacted on health or where health may impact on the future ability of staff to continue working.
- Advise managers on practical measures to reduce risks from workplace hazards and on suitable control measures.
- Support cases and liaise with external medical providers, including general and specialist doctors to ensure appropriate occupational health management.
- Provide specialist consultative medical advice to staff, regarding most occupational medicine-related conditions or issues, such as in occupational dermatitis giving practical tips to staff members such as protecting skin from petrol oils and lubricants, the use of moisturizers and barrier creams.
- Help assist the Company’s Occupational Health & Safety Team, by giving medical advice for risk assessments, reasonable adjustments and the choice and use of PPE, as directed by the LOHA. This will ensure recommendations are in line with best practice and in keeping with legal requirements
- Liaise with the management on matters related to Occupational Health and raise awareness for occupational health-related medical issues within the business, such as the principles of risk assessment, use of control measures and reasonable adjustments in fields such as manual handling confined spaces and working at height
Assist with the delivery of health educational and wellbeing programs for the Group
About Your Job::
The successful for that role you should have Bachelors degree or Equivalent, in addition to a recognised Post Graduate Nursing qualification in Occupational Medicine. You must be an expert with minimum of 5 years of job related experience. You must have worked in a Commercial or Industrial/Military Occupational Health Department. Previous experience in the Aviation Setting is a plus. Previous management experience of Occupational Health Department with teaching/training experience. Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate