QR14387 - Manager Occupational Health | Qatar Airways | Doha
QR Management (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Support the VP Occupational Health Services in establishing an Occupational Health Service to support the entire QR Group to include HIA Staff. Responsible for service delivery as directed by the VP. Provide tactical support to the business and employees alike to ensure staff are and remain fit for their roles and that risks to staff from job related health hazards are appropriately controlled. Develop training programs and deliver training to internal and external stakeholders as well as direct and support the Department’s Occupational Health Advisors.
- Oversee the implementation and usage of the Occupational Health Service.
- Develop and lead the implementation and promotion of Occupational Health culture across the company through the provision and application of Occupational Health policies and procedures, including risk assessment, case management, accident prevention and health initiatives.
- Advise on matters relating to Occupational Health at work, including the legal obligations and responsibilities of managers and employees.
- Work at the direction of VP Occupational Health to ensure the Occupational Health Service employs best practice even in areas where regulatory standards are unavailable.
- Help deliver the Occupational Health Service to all Company grades as seen appropriate.
- Work closely with the QR Medical Commission to ensure cost effective and appropriate pre-employment health screening is performed on all staff.
- Manage the Department’s own risk register and protection of all medical staff from the hazards associated with their roles.
- Have medical management responsibility for cases where work may have impacted on health or where health may impact on the future ability of staff to continue working.
- Act as a critical point of contact with the Company’s Occupational Health & Safety Team.
- Manage and support the Occupational Health Services being delivered to the business.
- Advise senior managers on division wide strategic measures to reduce risks from workplace hazards and on suitable control measures such as shift patterns to reduce fatigue.
- Provide specialist consultative medical advice to staff in long standing complex medical cases that are proving resistant to usual measures, and providing leadership and clinical direction for the occupational health specialists.
- Advise management on matters related to Occupational Health and raise awareness for occupational health-related medical issues within the business.
- Act as a subject matter expert on matters of health educational and wellbeing programs for the Group such as the adverse effects of fatigue on health and the impact this has on productivity.
About Your Job::
The successful for that role you should have Bachelors degree or Equivalent, in addition to a recognised Post Graduate Nursing qualification in Occupational Medicine. You must be an expert with minimum of 7 years of job related experience. You must have worked in a Commercial or Industrial/Military Occupational Health Department. Previous experience in the Aviation Setting is a plus. Previous management experience of Occupational Health Department with teaching/training experience. Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate