QR13667 - Airport Services Supervisor | Qatar Airways | Kilimanjaro
Ground Services (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Africa | Tanzania | Kilimanjaro
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising and controlling flight-handling activities such as Flight Editing, Check-in, Transfers, and Boarding, in order to ensure a high service standard is maintained. You will achieve optimum customer satisfaction and on-time departure of flights. You will also deputise for the Airport Services Duty Officer and/or Airport Representative.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Acting as a station coordinator in liaising with GHA and QR department. Working closely with GHA and all airport departments to ensure on time performance targets are met.
- Ensuring progress towards on-time flight closure and passenger boarding and supervise airport team in achieving on-time performance
- Facilitating the Ramp Handling activities in liaison with GHA, Caterers, Fuels, Maintenance, Cargo, and Crew to expedite departure whilst working with all departments
- Utilising maximum resources by planning efficient duty allocation for Customer Service Agents- ensures efficient use of manpower during duty period
- Reviewing aircraft allocations according to the movement signals/late arrivals/loads etc. and ensuring all departments are aware of operational messages and requirements
To be effective in this role, you will need a Trade or Vocational Qualification combined with a minimum of four years of job-related experience. Prior supervisory experience with an airline or GHA as ground staff involved in passenger handling and ground operations is required. A good understanding of conditions of carriage, International Civil Aviation Safety and Security Procedures in accordance with ICAO and IATA local authorities is required. Training in Passenger Handling, Baggage Services, Ground Operations and Dangerous Good Regulations is required.
You will need to be fluent (written and spoken) in English to perform this role.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV