QR13187 - Manager Facilities Residential Maintenance
Corporate Services (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
The successful candidate will support the Manager Facilities in all aspects of operations related to day to day maintenance of residential buildings. With ability to take charge of operations pertaining to maintenance activities including but not limited to planning, implementation and management of maintenance plans of all QR residential facilities. The Manager Facilities Residential Maintenance shall ensure least failures in service related issues with maximum utilization of available resources adhering to Standard Operating Procedures. The position holder will provide direct leadership to a team of support staff.
- Assist the Manager Facilities in setting objectives, plan development and performance review of facility operations from maintenance point of view.
- Implements and managed the maintenance program based on best practice in the FM industry, with and emphasis on planning/ scheduling and preventive/ predictive maintenance.
- Continuously review and monitor the operations of facilities systems with a view to minimizing unplanned downtime.
- Anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Assist in monitoring and implementation of the SLA's/ KPI's related to facilities maintenance including following up on contractual(operational) deliverables/ obligations by the service providers to ensure added value and increased productivity while maintaining cost savings.
- Plan and manage activities in accordance with the relevant standard operating procedures for day to day operations as well as emergencies.
- Communicate with high level stakeholders and tenants on all matters related to Residential Facilities Maintenance. This task includes but not limited to liaising and follow up with Landlord / out sourced contractors to carry out necessary repairs and address deficiencies within the agreed SLA as per the contract.
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and supervise functions and activities of Departmental maintenance personnel and out sourced staff by understanding and communicating the calls/ requests from users through Facilities Maintenance Software.
- Plan, schedule and organize new building take over as well as return old leased building in close liaison with the building owners. Manager Facilities- Residential Maintenance shall conduct a detailed snagging of new premises, ensuring the snags are rectified and property meets QR standards.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, continually changing facility environment. Initiate and carry out projects that improve facility efficiency and/ or reduce operating costs.
- Monitor the use and inventory of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment and initiated reordering process,
- Prepare documents for Procurement and Contracts with regards to purchase of routine items and for contracts with vendors employed for residential facilities maintenance.
- Provide support to the Manager Facilities with the supply chain implementation process.
- Enhance organizational decision making with regards to Facilities operations by establishing procedures to ensure quality information, documentation, knowledge and analysis related to facilities issues are effectively retained, organized, accessible and disseminated.
- Track, analyse and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance for improving facility operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Implement and monitor preventive/ predictive maintenance program for residential buildings of the QR Group.
- Assist Facilities Manager to prepare annual budgets and deliver within the budget.
- Clearly communicate goals and objectives to all staff
- Encourage, develop and mentor staff to support achievement of goals including identification of training needs.
- Address issues of non-performance or unacceptable performance to Facilities Manager.
- Inspire honesty and integrity in staff through personal qualities.
- Develop relationship with stakeholder groups to deliver the best possible results.
You will have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent from a recognized university in Engineering, Hotel Management, Tourism & Hospitality or Real Estate, with preferably a Degree in Technical discipline. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 7 years of Facilities Management related experience.
In addition, you will have the following job-specific skills:
- Excellent project management skills with ability to deliver projects within tight timescales.
- In depth knowledge of property maintenance principles, procedures and standards, as applied to company facilities.
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret the needs to staff customers and offer appropriate solution within the ambit of laid down guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and writing.
- Excellent communication , interpersonal & presentation skills are a must, as is the ability to work effectively across the organization with a wide range of diverse cultures.
- Good knowledge of Facilities Management Systems.
- Must have excellent organizational ability to be able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks
- Responsibilities/work interruptions, and meet deadlines.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV