QR10630 - Galley Planning Officer | Qatar Airways | Doha
Catering Services (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
To prepare Layout of Passenger Aircrafts (LOPAs) and Galley Loading Plans (GLP),for all aircrafts establishing the standards of on-board service equipment dry store & bar items, determining and addressing loading issues for QR aircrafts whilst always aiming to simplify loading and reduce items on board.
- Whist maintaining a focus on cost and weight, responsible for the planning and design of the galleys for all new aircraft types as per the instructions of Manager Aircraft Planning, ensuring that all user requirements are met and the 5 star award winning service can be delivered effectively
- Responsible for planning and preparing the GLP through Qosmos Galley Planning Module (GPM) for all variations of service and aircraft types ensuring that all service providers worldwide have the required information in an accurate and timely manner
- Conducts fit checks, trial-packing plans, surveys and gives the feedback to Management with recommendations for improvements
- Produces Stores and bar Packing Plans in accordance with crew feedback, ensuring that the most cost effective solution is loaded onto each flight
- Creates catering weights for all variations of service and aircraft types through GPM ensuring that galley weight limitations are adhered to at all times and stakeholders are provided with the pantry weights well in advance
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise
- Train and develop other employees for proper succession planning and risk management
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environment attitude and taking specific care over weight loaded and unit placement on-board to avoid excess weight/ fuel-burn and potential injury
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Experienced- minimum 4 years of job- related experience required. Preference to airline experience.
- Airline Galley / Stowage management
- Change and / or project management
Job Specific Skills
- Well -developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and multi task
- Proven skills in negotiation, evaluation and decision-making
- Software packages-Adobe Flash, Adobe Acrobat, 3D Max, Adobe Indesign, Google Sketchup and Microsoft Office with MS
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate