QR1384 - Engineering Development Engineer, Cabin Interiors | Qatar Airways | Doha
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
About Your Job:
To ensure that aircraft compliant with all required airworthiness regulations and at an acceptable level of reliability, are maintained to support QTR/QAF operational requirements.
- Evaluate Technical Documentation (AD/CN/SB/SIL/OIT/AOT/VSB/TFU) issued by Airworthiness authorities, aircraft manufacturers or vendors and take necessary actions in a timely manner (e.g. issue EO, ESWC, CMA, TN, etc).
- Evaluate technical and commercial proposals, Retrofit Modification Orders and Corporate Engineering Change Requests.
- Evaluate, analyze and find solutions to problems related to components and systems that exceed alert levels in Reliability Reports. Issue necessary technical literature and coordinate with various in-house departments, vendors and manufacturers accordingly.
- Initiate campaign inspection, modifications and engine/APU shop visits, as applicable, and coordinate with all concerned to ensure their timely accomplishment.
- Assist Maintenance in resolution of repeated/deferred defects and other technical issues, e.g., AOG support, clarifications on technical data, etc.
- Investigate TORs/MORs/ASRs. Recommend corrective measures as required.
- Communicate with manufacturers, vendors and internal departments/sections on technical and project issues, as required from time to time and assist them on technical matters.
- Recommend amendments to Aircraft Maintenance Program and MEL under Airworthiness authority guidelines and Qatar Airways specific maintenance requirements.
- Prepare product specifications and assist Commercial Department in preparing Request for Information, Request for Proposal and Purchase Agreement documents for selection of new components and systems.
- Review Engineering data and drawings for accuracy before embodiment.
- Evaluate technical specifications of new and used aircraft and equipment for possible induction. Define the layout and specifications to satisfy Qatar Airways and Regulatory Requirements.
- Train Qatari staff in the duties above.
- Perform other department duties related to his position as directed by the head of the department
- Lead a team of Engineering Development Engineers and provide them instructions and guidance to perform their duties. Assume the responsibilities of a team leader for assigned projects and tasks.
- Check technical accuracy of the work performed by Engineering Development Engineers.
You must hold B.Sc. (Engineering) or B.Eng. Degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics from a recognized university or Licensed Aircraft Engineer with at least 8 years experience as certifying staff
A minimum of 7 years as a Development or Technical Services Engineer. Experience on aircraft types operated by QTR is an advantage, though not essential
- Knowledge of aircraft systems / power plant / structures. Preferably training on one or several types of aircraft operated by QTR.
- Experience in usage of Airman, Airbus World, My Boeing Fleet, Airplane Health Management, Maintenance Performance Toolbox will be an advantage
- Good communications and negotiating skills
- MS office tools skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
Important competencies include
- Judgment & Analysis
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Business acumen
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Copy of NOC
4. Copy of highest educational certificate