QR18297 - Airport Services Supervisor | Qatar Airways | Gothenburg
Gothenburg - GOT
Full Time - Permanent
Europe | Sweden | Gothenburg
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your job:
We are looking for an experienced customer focused individual with previous airline supervisory experience to join our Ground Services team for our brand new station in Gothenburg Sweden as an Airport Services Supervisor. Reporting directly to the Duty Officer you will supervise your team to deliver exceptional customer service to our customers to ensure they receive the award winning 5 star service Qatar Airways is renowned for.
You will also be required to support the Airport Services Manager when needed as well as displaying excellent skills to deal with flight delays, disruptions, denied boarding and any other challenges.
- Facilitate ramp handling in liaison with all airport staff to expedite departures
- Supervise the airport team to ensure on-time flight closure and working towards overall on-time performance
- Plan efficient duty allocations of manpower during duty periods for Customer Service Agents and provide support to the Airport Services Manager in case of flight disruptions, mis-connections and other passenger related disruptions
- Provide leadership, demonstrate team building skills, direct staff and evaluate performance as well as being able to build on constructive feedback
- Generate various reports and always keep the workplace neat and tidy as well as offering support to the Airport Services Manager in implementation of training and remaining sensitive in varying difficult situations at all times
The successful candidate will have:
- Trade or vocational qualification
- A recognised IATA airline certificate is desirable but not essential
- Overall knowledge of airport functions in terms of passenger handling and passenger operations with supervisory experience preferred
- Good understanding of conditions of carriage, International Civil Aviation Safety and Security procedures
- Experience in areas such as Passenger Services, Baggage Services, Ground Operations, Dangerous Goods Regulations and ramp handling
- Ability to work shifts is essential
Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential for this role. You must also have the right to live and work in Sweden.
Fluency in one of the Scandinavian languages, (Swedish, Norwegian or Danish) is desirable
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport