QR18259 - Cargo Customer Services Agent | Qatar Airways | Kolkata, India
Full Time - Permanent
South Asia | India | Kolkata
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Job:
In this role you will provide cargo inside sales and customer service functions including interaction with customers and GSA for both import and export cargo. You will secure proper sales and customer service support to enable station to meet the cargo target and identify needs and improve cargo customer service and sales performance for the station. Another key aspects of your role would be:-
- You will be required to liaise with local ground handling agents (GHAs) and with the space control department to ensure / enhance a high quality service provided by QR for both import and export.
- Maintain a close coordination between Qatar Airways (QR) departments and customers by ensuring their shipments are transferred, delivered on time and correct priority is given to shipments.
- You will also support import customers for clearance with their cargo, liaise with customs authorities to facilitate smooth and timely import clearance and ensure flight planning with maximum utilisation of the flight capacity.
- You will coordinate with GHAs, internal departments to ensure irregularity codes are correctly inserted in airline system and coordinate with customers and cargo claims supervisors at head office. You will also handle all discrepancies at stations and in all administrative issues related to station.
- You will ensure that notifications are sent officially on cargo arrival information, to freight forwarders, agents and direct customers to ensure the cargo does not stay under airlines custody for long periods, avoid damages and for space availability at the warehouse.
To join our team in this role, you will need to hold a diploma or associate degree. You will have a minimum of 2 -3 year-experience in a relevant field of which 1 year airline / airfreight experience is preferred.
Your MS office skills must be at an advanced level and you must have excellent Knowledge of overall cargo operations, cargo reservation and tracking system along with strong communication and presentation skills. You must have good command of written and spoken English.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV