QR17997 - Systems Engineer | Qatar Airways | Doha
Information Technology (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Responsible for the implementation, installation, maintenance and support of all IT Technologies, functions, and processes within IT Technology Services ensuring quality service is provided to the end users of Qatar Airways and its subsidiary organizations to achieve their business objectives.
- Ensures and monitors on a continuous basis for regular IT software, security and Operating system patches updates are implemented as part of IT Patch Management cycle on all hardware and software to keep up to date the patches for all latest versions.
- Following up with QR Vendors and Information Systems Providers for ensuring proper systems support in order to handle system upgrades, fixes and enhancements whenever required.
- Responsible for follow ups with Vendors/suppliers on IT supplies of hardware, software and end user computer accessories and ensures proper delivery of IT equipment as per orders submitted
- Ensures continuous follows up and monitors the installation and upgrade of anti-virus products and other IT Security software pro-actively to safeguard the company data from the possible IT threats.
- In case of system failures provide technical support round the clock for TS Infrastructure and other products and ensure reduced down time to the business units
- Provides periodic reports as and when required by the management.
- Monitors and supervises all IT Operational jobs including Backup/Recovery are performed on a periodic basis (i.e. Daly, Weekly or monthly) for all the IT systems hosted at Qatar Airways Data Centre(s) as per current instructions and policies.
- Delegates the tasks to other members of the team regarding documentation of all IT procedures, standards and policies and follows up if its updates are carried out on a regular basis and these are stored in a central repository.
- Provide operational and administrative support including Configuration, training and documentation on a day to day basis for Enterprise Project Management Tools (Microsoft EPM 2010 and PPM 2016 Project Server versions)
- Provide functional support to configure the EPM (Enterprise Project Management Systems) as per the business requirement & best practices.
- Project Compliance Support and operations – As a Support SME specifically based on PMI/PMBoK structure and standards you will provide operations and technical support for the Project compliance stream with reference to Project Management Compliance, Estimation Reviews, Architecture & Design Reviews and Procurement Compliance Review streams.
- Project Management Training based on Project Management Institute certified standards of PMBok
- Able to develop utilities and web-applications for smaller requirements within the team and department for enhancing the Project management life cycle and Compliance streams.
- Involve in training the end user on the developed tools/utilities system features and functionalities.
You should hold a Bachelor Degree certification with minimum of 4 years of job related experience.
You should possess the following qualifications.
- Good administration and functional skills on Microsoft Project and Project server. (versions 2010 & 2016).
- Administration skills on Microsoft SharePoint server. (versions 2010 & 2016)
- Knowledge on coding and application development using .NET / Java / Visual Studio etc.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport