QR17995 - Vice President Flight Training | Qatar Airways | Doha
Flight Operations (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your Job:
The Vice President of Flight Training is the nominated Post Holder Training for the Qatar Airways Air Operating Certificate. As the nominated Post Holder Training, you will be responsible for the flight crew and cabin crew training in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, as well as authority over the Operations Manual.
Specific accountabilities include:
- To manage the training operations in a safe and cost efficient manner, whilst ensuring compliance with the applicable legal requirements.
- Establish and continuously evaluate the department objectives and align them with the business objectives.
- Introduce and direct strategies to enhance safety and quality of the department.
- Publish, amend, revise and authorize Operations Manual Part D in accordance with QCAA regulatory requirements to set guidelines for training policies and procedures.
- Coordinate regularly with QCAA on all matters relating to training policies and procedures, in order to establish compliance with QCAR-FCL and QCAR-OPS requirements.
- Responsible to train pilots to the QCAA approved standard and requirements.
- Identify the training requirements within the department and ensure that it is accomplished in a timely manner.
- Responsible for monitoring the flight operation and identify problems that may require the provision of extra training or make changes to the training program.
- Ensure that all training facilities used are duly approved as required.
- Responsibly to monitor/supervise training provided by third parties.
- Chair the Training Review Board and make recommendations to the CFOO, as required, on matters such as appointments, promotions, demotions, etc.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of SMS within the QR technical department.
- Chair the Technical Safety Action Group and its activities.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations within the Technical Department.
To be successful in this role you will have a trade or vocational qualification along with extensive experience as a senior training captain, holding or having held an appropriate type rating and TRE/SFE authorization for aircraft's operated by Qatar Airways. Airline experience is essential.
- Trade or Vocational Qualification
- Appropriate type rating and TRE/SFE authorization for Qatar Airways operated aircrafts
- Comprehensive knowledge about QCAA regulations for Air Operations and Crew Operations
- Minimum 10 years of job related experience is required at an executive management level.
- Must have been a TRE for at least five years
Job specific skills:
- Excellent managerial and administrative skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of aviation regulations, requirements and procedures
- Proven leadership ability
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate