QR17959 - Airport Services Duty Officer | Qatar Airways | Addis Ababa
Addis Ababa - ADD
Full Time - Permanent
Africa | Ethiopia | Addis Ababa
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall control of the shift as a direct representative of the Airport Services Manager. You will monitor the activities of all flights, staff and GHA as well as third party contractors to ensure an efficient operation that runs safely and punctually, on a daily basis. You will also ensure punctuality and safety of all Qatar Airways operations.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Responsible for the day to day operations and acts as a liaison between the airport service providers and users
- Provides input and recommendations to management to improve the effectiveness of the daily operations
- Responsible for ensuring passenger and aircraft handling conform to safety and security requirements
- Manage and control manpower on the shift to optimise utilisation and maintain staff morale and discipline
- Conduct spot-checks on operations and staff to ensure adequate standards are maintained
- Responsible for resolving customer problems and complains effectively and liaising with all departments including customer relations to provide resolution
To be effective in this role, you will need a bachelors degree combined with a minimum of four years of job-related experience with three of those years in an airline or reputed GHA at the supervisory level. You will need a good understanding of Qatar Airways Conditions of Carriage, International Civil Aviation Safety and Security procedures in accordance with ICAO and IATA and local authorities. You will also require knowledge of weight and balance, ramp handling and dangerous goods regulations.
You will need to be fluent (written and spoken) in English to perform this role.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport