QR17950 - Cargo Operations Agent | Qatar Airways | Hong Kong
Full Time - Permanent
Asia Pacific | China | Hong Kong
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role, you will be involved with providing cargo operational functions including interaction with GHA for both import and export cargo. Secure proper operational support to enable station to meet the cargo target and identify needs and improve cargo service and operational performance for station.
- Liaising with local Ground Handling Agents and Head Office Cargo department to ensure/enhance a high quality service provided by QR both import and export
- Support Import customers for clearance of their cargo, liaise with customs authorities to facilitate smooth and timely import clearance, liaise with HQ and/or origin stations for necessary support
- Flight planning with maximum utilization of the flight capacity, control and operation export and import. Maintain a close coordination between QR Space Control by ensuring their shipments are transferred, delivered on time, correct priority given to shipments and for maximum utilization of space on A/C.
- Coordination with Cargo claims Supervisor at HQ, handling of discrepancies at stations and in all administrative issues related to stations.
- Strict control and administration of ULD stock and cargo stationary in coordination with the GHA
- To Disseminate all cargo related information for updating customers regarding customs, governmental and health authorities rules and to HO to comply with regulations and to avoid penalties and destruction, etc.
- Ensure that notifications are sent officially on Cargo arrival information to Freight forwarders/agents to ensure that cargo does not stay under airlines custody for long period, avoid damages and for space availability at the warehouse.
- Weekly, monthly or whenever deemed necessary services reports including preparation system accounting updates on every flight departure.
You will need to need to be a minimum High School graduate. Your MS Office Skills must be at an advanced level and having prior experience in managing cargo systems would be an added advantage. A good command of Cantonese and English is required for the role
A minimum of 2 years in Airline Cargo/Airfreight Operations. Previous Cargo Sales experience would be an advantage.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV