QR17949 - Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor - Engine Shop | Qatar Airways | Doha
Technical (Engineering) (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
As an Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor in Engine Shop section, you will independently support the Manager Engine facility to manage Qatar Airways Engines and APU’s so that engine build-up, storage, shipping, management of robbed items and borescope inspections are performed in an efficient and timely manner. You will take an active role to supervise a strong team consisting of LAE’s to meet the highly demanding operational requirements in keeping with the defined Qatar Airways Quality procedures.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Managing the shift production operation in engine facility.
- Supervise the production planning and control function in engine facility.
- Ensure all tools, equipment for engine/APU build up and BSIs are maintained.
- Perform and Lead engine /APU receipt inspections, dispatch inspections, engine transportations and LRU build up and certifications.
- Ensure the team adheres to all pertinent safety precautions as published in manufacture’s and company relevant publications on all tasks in relation to the Accomplishment of scheduled, unscheduled BSIs and engine build up tasks.
- Directly responsible to coordinate and supervise the engine maintenance activities required in order to provide serviceable engine that meet operation requirements while satisfying QCAA/EASA standards of airworthiness.
- Ensuring ordering all required parts for operational/maintenance reasons well on time so that any work stoppage is avoided.
- Manage, plan and control Engine Facility maintenance activities in order to achieve high operational reliability of QTR aircraft operation.
- Optimize and Utilize man power resources to meet the assigned work load and ensure productivity performance to high standard to match our corporate business standard.
- Consult with Power plant engineering to resolve incoming snags and operational faults from operated serviceable off engines to ensure continued airworthiness.
- Discuss delays/work progress and prepare such report and analyse the shortfalls and incorporate plans for improvement with discussions with the Line Manager.
- Ensure and record delays/incident/accident and any other related maintenance messages into the required maintenance system.
- You must hold a recognized diploma in Aircraft maintenance trade or Bachelor Degree or Equivalent, be a holder of ICAO type 2 license or EASA B1/B2 license.
- Licensed Engineer holding a minimum of 6 QTR engine type /BSI qualification or 5 Aircraft / Engine type authorization operated by QTR
- Recognized engine type rating and detailed knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals and company procedures
- Min 7 years of job related experience required in Line /Base or 04 years of power plant shop experience
- Min 5 QTR Aircraft type qualification of 6 engine BSI type qualification
- Min 3 years served as Senior Licensed Aircraft Engineer or Previous supervisory role
- Ability to retrieve and read data from technical publication
- Airbus and documentation experience
- Bore scope approval on V2500, Trent 500, GE CF6-80E1, GE90, GENx, CFM 56 and Trent XWB would be an added advantage
You must also have a detailed knowledge of Aircraft maintenance fundamentals and sound knowledge of air legislation. The engine type trainings you had undergone should be ATA level III from EASA 147 approved training organization or from engine manufacturer that include both theoretical and practical elements. You must ability to delegate work , set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Aircraft Maintenance License (all pages including the aircraft type endorsed and validity)
4. Copy of Company Authorisation / Approval
5. Copy of Type Training Certificates (Theoretical & Practical)