QR17535 - Store Supervisor | Qatar Duty Free | Doha
Qatar Duty Free
Logistics & Warehouse
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Qatar Duty Free
Qatar Duty Free (QDF) is an award winning subsidiary of Qatar Airways, the national airline of the state of Qatar and currently operates at the Departure, Arrivals, VIP and Premium Terminal of Hamad International Airport. As one of the fastest growing Duty Free operations in the world, Qatar Duty Free operates from the new Hamad International Airport (HIA). HIA is also home to the newly created QDF Food & Beverage Division which will set new benchmarks in airport hospitality.
About the job:
As a Store Supervisor you will be managing and overseeing all the functions of the warehouse and ensuring smooth operations of all activities. You will be handling and managing warehouse staff and adhering to necessary safety and legal procedures of work place. You will also ensure that all procedures and policies mentioned in the warehouse manual are followed by all staff. This position also requires the individual to work in a dynamic environment and exercise prompt decision-making and problem solving abilities. Time keeping, reports, scheduling, training, coaching and disciplinary actions also are major part of the role.
Your Accountabilities but not limited to :
- To allocate duties and workload to storekeepers and ensure that they are satisfactorily completed, undertaking spot-checks on the accuracy of all transactions concluded by the storekeepers.
- Regularly inspecting and ensuring the maintenance of all warehouse equipment and machinery & vehicles.
- Plan, manage and control staff to achieve budgeted productivity and minimize over-time spend.
- Timely reporting to management any security issues, staff issues, and incidents of property damages.
- Check all stocks received into and going out of the stores to ensure accurate records are kept in securing the company's assets.
- Implement guidelines in relation to DIA Health and Safety and immediately report any incidents or breaches of DIA Health & Safety rules to provide a safe working environment.
- Carry out regular stock-checks as well as those of the authorized stock counts, on a regular basis to provide accurate records and to identify any stock issues quickly, while also minimizing any potential losses.
- Verifies stocks against shipping authorizations for agreement as to quantities descriptions, sizes and conditions and conformance to purchase order.
To be Considered for this position you will need to have a Trade or Vocational qualification. You must have minimum of 4 years job-related experience. You have a solid Knowledge of materials handling and inventory control best practices. Good knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, general import, export and customs procedures, thorough knowledge of warehousing methods and storage distribution and perpetual inventory control as well as occupational hazards and proper safety precautions involved in warehousing operations.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport
4. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)