QR16783 - Manager Business Finance - Planning & Analysis | Qatar Airways | Doha
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Role:
Responsible for the support of corporate control departments in all Finance related matters mainly the preparation of financial and strategic planning, monitoring variance against the budget, Forecasts, evaluating opportunities/risks / efficiencies, and implementation of cost control.
As a leader, the role will assist staff members in providing value-added, meaningful, and insightful reporting and analysis for Senior Management.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Accountable to present an objective view of the financial situation and provide sound recommendations for the allocation of resources in the most efficient way to achieve the business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring monthly expenditure variance on an ongoing basis and ensuring that actual expenditure remains in line with the plan.
- Lead investigation when variances are significant and taking necessary control action as required.
- Lead, direct and manage the preparation, execution and analysis of the budget and rolling forecasts
- Responsible to lead the units strategic business drivers to determine investment allocation, creating comprehensive and highly structured Business Cases for proposed projects, ascertaining investment cost and benefits to scope, dependencies, risk, and its alignment to strategic objectives.
- Introduce a way of thinking culture that causes people with the authority to recommend projects to first consider their value, risks and relative priority as a fundamental element of submitting the project proposal.
- Accountable for evaluating opportunities/risks/ efficiencies by providing sufficient information to facilitate fair evaluations.
- Responsible to report on the KPI performance of the assigned group of departments
- Review internal controls and recommend enhancements.
- Able to present solid proof business cases to Cost Management Committee (CMC)
- Ability to enhance costing process for development and further changes.
- Enhance and continue improvements of systems and automations.
- Suggest and write up draft Policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Internal Accounting Procedures (IAPs) and stick to 15 days for submission from the date of the task is being assigned.
- Monthly cost centre(s) reviews, with department heads, showing financial performances of assigned group of departments
- Regular review of balance sheet accounts, preparation and submission of monthly financial schedules.
- Regular meetings should be held with various subordinates (BFOs) for follow up and update on business issues, spreadsheet tracker has to be maintained for such activity and then a weekly meeting with the senior manager briefing him on urgent and pending issues.
- Ensure proper hand over documents, summary on business issues, and status reports are prepared by subordinates (BFOs) before going on annual leaves.
- Review of the inventory and report on discrepancies with reasons and root causes of the differences.
- Ascertain projects are capitalized as soon as they are completed, necessary documents and reconciliation tables are provided for the capitalization process.
- Attend to internal and external audit requirements immediately and not more than 2 days.
- Attend to top management’s routine and ad-hoc requirements immediately and not more than 2 days.
- Maintain a list of tasks to be completed with their completion dates, report on “timing and quality” of the deliverables.
- Train and develop of graduate developees (nationals), under nationalization program, for permanent roles in the foreseeable future.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff, who are under nationalization programme, in the above duties.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Application of Performance Development Review (PDR) initiated by Human Resources (HR).
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Contribute towards Qatar Airways Group Environmental Objectives and targets and the implementation and maintenance of the Environmental Management System.
- Apply environmental knowledge and principles in your role, and incorporate this into business processes and decision making, to drive efficiencies and reduce environmental and operational risks.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- CA/CMA/CPA/MBA qualified, with excellent post qualification experience.
Expert - minimum 7 years of job-related experience required
- Experience working to tight internal reporting timescales.
- Expert in costing methodologies and cost reduction techniques.
- Enhance and continue improvements of operational systems.
- Work closely with management to improve cost control and reduce the waste.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are a must, as is the ability to work effectively across the organization.
- Good knowledge of internal finance systems.
- Knowledge of cost centre accounting, preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Must have the ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Must have excellent organizational ability to be able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks.
- Responsibilities/work interruptions, and meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)