QR16544 - Occupational Health & Safety Learning Specialist | Qatar Airways | Doha
Human Resources (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
- You will be responsible for the development, facilitation and continuous improvement of a range of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) courses. Courses may include but will not be restricted too: OHS, food safety, fire, first aid and COSHH. Understand and get familiarized with the Qatar Airways OHS Policy Manual and contribute to its implementation in order to deliver standard safety learning programs to the business.
- Build solid and engaging professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that safety learning programs are delivered to support/provide the business requirements.
- Act as in internal safety consultant through mentorship; coaching and support of team members to colleagues within business units in order provide standardized tailor fitted learning programs. Receive and respond to feedback from the operation space. Report injuries, incidents (including near misses) and identify and react to hazards to ensure a safe working environment. Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies.
- Design and develop training materials based on international safety best practices, aviation and Talent Development best practice methodology. Assist with the planning, developing and designing of related training packages and activities.
- Research on trending safety occurrences and apply this on the job by designing and delivering on the job training. Apply foresight and plan in discussion with key stakeholders and the Safety Team. Facilitate training programs to the highest standard using adult-learning and learner focused techniques and applying the 70:20:10 methodology to all safety related learning.
- Maintain currency in all areas of safety related training. Deliver (among others) Workplace Health and Safety, Workplace Risk Assessor, Basic Fire Awareness, Fire Warden and other courses as directed by Talent Development Management. Utilise coaching and mentoring techniques to improve safety and employee performance based upon an agreed action plan.
- Research fields and topics related to health and safety that will improve the effectiveness of HR Talent Development and the wider QR community.
- Analyze existing training courses and seek to standardize all trainings with particular focus on Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).Develop a training database and ensure compliance with all training requirements on location level.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in the duties above.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department. Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimize health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- To be successful in this role you should have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized University,
- Registered training provider in a field related to health and safety, fire, emergency services, medical or first aid.
- Certified practitioner for National Safety Council (or similar)
- Formal accreditation/certification in training. Formal accreditation in Training.
- In addition, A minimum of 5 years in job-related experience is required and experience in Health and Safety related field.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV