QR16526 - Manager Catering Inventory & Logistics | Qatar Airways | Doha
Catering Services (Division)
Catering Services (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role: Manager Catering Inventory & Logistics:
Develops the Catering Services equipment supply and distribution strategy to ensure at all times that all items of catering and amenity equipment, including dry-stores and bonded items are available for operational use. Leads a team to deliver accurate forecasting, purchasing, budgeting and logistics approaches and methodologies to ensure best value provisioning and delivery network-wide whilst ensuring best-practice governance and management of global inventory, storage and replenishment driving down cost and stock holdings.
- Accountable for the development of the Catering equipment, Bond and beverage supply, stock holding and distribution strategy for all 800+ parts in the QR Catering inventory network-wide.
- Leads and makes recommendations of trade-off decisions required to balance risk and cost of supply.
- Accountable for developing and managing cross-organisational relationships within QR to gain buy-in to supply decisions and trade-offs driving decision making in time-critical processes.
- Accountable for the timely purchase of all stock items, ensuring that there are no out of stock or overstock situations whilst ensuring robust governance and control at all times. Leads process development to manage call-off protocols to smooth flows of stock.
- Accountable for reviewing and developing the logistics strategy to ensure that items are not carried around the world unnecessarily; creating an effective, cost efficient solution that assists with fuel conservation.
- Builds and enacts a detailed warehousing strategy - Accountable for the management of the outsourced Equipment Warehouse, ensuring the optimum levels of stock are maintained and champions the development of an in-house alternative warehouse solution.
- Accountable for the planning and introduction of new stock items, including the timely withdrawal and disposal of obsolete stock.
- Accountable for the measurement and reduction of stock losses and breakages, ensuring that systems are in place to measure this, usage rates are produced and specifications for withdrawal are produced and available with suppliers.
- Accountable for compliance with corporate inventory accuracy and reporting requirements and for developing and enacting strategies to improve robustness in this area.
- Accountable for the management and maximisation of stock life cycles for all items and for reduction in consumption of all items coupled with increased recycling.
- Works with PDD and across Catering Services on the development / specification of new products, carrying out trials and providing user feedback to assist with the decision making process
- Builds and holds under constant review the QR approach to Catering stock budgeting and management of stock holdings and delivery methodologies for equipment, dry stores and beverages.
- Accountable for the management and control of the equipment, dry-stores and logistics budget within Catering Services. Including write-off and storage charges in DOH and overseas and logistics costs for all deliveries.
- Accountable for building and managing a stock holding and delivery strategy decreasing capital cost of stock and on plans to use old stock before it expires.
- Builds and executes a methodology to track usage of all consumables to passenger number and manages cross-organisationally to reduce consumption to such levels.
Management & Leadership
- Leads internal and external teams to ensure on-time, on-budget and zero-error delivery of the highest standard ensuring appropriate monitoring and reporting to track the same.
- Manages teams to deliver robust approach to stock management ensuring development of the team’s objectives and priorities and delivering robust performance management to ensure delivery and development providing regular robust feedback in a constructive manner.
Additional Job responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in the duties above.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Responsible for ensuring that all food proposals are correctly risk assessed and controlled from a food safety perspective in association with the Compliance team and suppliers.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved
- Contribute towards Qatar Airways Group Environmental Objectives and targets and the implementation and maintenance of the Environmental Management System.
- Apply environmental knowledge and principles in your role, and incorporate this into business processes and decision making, to drive efficiency and reduce environmental and operational risks.
Experience and Qualifications::
You should hold Bachelor Degree with minimum 8 years of job related experience.
- Logistics, equipment and supplier management in a global environment
- Forecasting, planning and project / programme management
- Working at a senior level within a larger multi-cultural work environment
- Leading and developing teams
- Project management
- Forecasting and reporting
- High level PC literacy and expert level MS Excel skills required
- High level written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate