QR16448 - Lead Public Relations Officer | Qatar Airways | Doha
Corporate Communications (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In the role of Lead Public Relations Officer, you will portray a positive image and reputation of the company among key external stakeholders. You will plan and put into place information and communication strategies that present the airline externally and internally in a positive light.
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Implementing Qatar Airways' overall corporate communications strategy.
- Protecting the company’s image and reacting immediately in the case of negative public perception in the media or elsewhere.
- Evaluate positive publicity opportunities within the media landscape or outside, e.g. working with charities, schools, institutions, organisations etc. in order to maximise awareness and coverage of the airline.
- Gathering and updating corporate information for the media and other stakeholders.
- Support the Corporate Communications team with writing press releases, speeches, editorials and supervise the distribution of press information to the right channels (not just media, but other bodies mentioned above).
- Help coordinate press events and conferences in Doha and overseas, organise media trips and other PR activities.
- Coordination of high-level meetings, ensuring all appropriate standards and processes covering the management and delivery of communication projects are in place, up-to date and applied effectively and consistently.
- Take ownership of projects from start to finish. Ensure reporting of project status and progress at all levels is relevant, consistent, accurate, effective and meet deadlines.
- Work within a crisis environment, assisting with the organisation of a Press Conference and/or family assistance / reception centres in the event of a crisis.
- Identify and explore story ideas, picture opportunities and maximise PR benefits.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with government departments, schools, institutions, organisations, Chambers of Commerce in Qatar.
Qualifications and Experience required:
To be successful in this role you must hold a University Degree preferably in Public Relations, Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or E- commerce. You will need a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing and executing public relations strategies and campaigns.
Experience in an online marketing agency or within the e-commerce industry will be an advantage. It is essential that you have superior oral and written English skills. Verbal and written Arabic skills are highly preferred.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)