QR16348 - Procurement Specialist - Hotels | Doha | Qatar Airways
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
To perform operational tasks for all procurement requirements in a given or group of product categories, adhering to category strategy, in line with its financial and operational requirements. Participates in managing vendor accounts, establishes strong inter departmental relationship and provides time bound execution of tenders. Works directly with end users to define specifications to execution of order. To enable procurement department to offer best in class procurement to user department across the company. The candidate shall ensure that QR/QE ground handling agent’s assessment is done in order to achieve regulatory compliance, objectives, operational efficiency and custom care. The candidate should foster a culture of accountability and ensures organizational resources are used in a cost effective manner to maximize performance.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Plan procurement activities in line with Category Plan, assisting with plan as required, meeting timeframes as agreed with user department. Forward planning for Procurement Activities to achieve all projects competitively and on time.
- Identifies and proposes cost savings opportunities for QR Group to reduce total spend.
- Responsible for development of savings solutions and benchmarking of industry standards.
- Recommend process improvements to reduce RFQ timelines.
- Responsible for negotiations planning and execution with suppliers on costs, commercial and contractual terms. Track supplier performance to circumvent issues and achieve higher service levels for QR.
- Conducts a market search to identify a potential supplier as well as to maintain and promote sound relationships with suppliers and business community.
- Strive to assist the procurement department to achieve best value, quality and delivery terms, at all times for goods and services procured on behalf of the organisation.
- Complete end to end Tenders including all documents required as per relevant Policies. Provide regular status updates to internal user departments and suppliers on procurement tenders, acting as primary point of contact.
- Act as a primary point of contact for internal user department procurement queries, projects and data requests.
- Provide to global Airport Station Managers (ASMs) and City Business Finance Officers (BFO) direction and or interpretations on contractual issues. Interprets ground handling agreements to price, cost and prepares company required financial and contracting documents and assures conformity to policy and procedures.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
- Provide high service levels for QR Group including timelines, professionalism, communications and expectations within the operational duties.
- Ensure conformance at all times of the organisation to Procurement process, DOA and any other relevant company policies and processes in all procurement and other activities carried out
- Develop relationships with end users, working together to optimise and leverage volumes and specifications, challenging these where required, vetting received souring requests.
- Achieving assigned KPIs in line with Category KPIs to support department and company goals
- Work closely with Contracts to ensure appropriate agreements are negotiated and in place.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements.
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Contribute towards Qatar Airways Group Environmental Objectives and targets and the implementation and maintenance of the Environmental Management System.
- Apply environmental knowledge and principles in your role, and incorporate this into business processes and decision making, to drive efficiencies and reduce environmental and operational risks.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Airline, Middle East or Strong Category Specific experience.
- Airline Procurement.
Job Specific Skills:
- Fluent command of English language.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Numeracy and the ability to present data clearly and accurately.
- Planning, Problem Solving and Decision Making abilities.
- Demonstrative initiative.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate