QR16344 - Senior Airport Ticketing Agent | Qatar Airways | Manchester
Ground Services (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Europe | UK | Manchester
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Airport Ticketing Agent to join our team based in Manchester. You will lead the ticketing staff and work closely with the management team. You will plan, supervise and support the team to ensure they deliver optimal customer satisfaction and surpass the annual revenue targets. You will understand customers needs and help them to plan the right itinerary for their needs, cancelling and changing reservations where required. You will encourage teamwork and consistency of service to ensure or customers receive the 5 star award winning service Qatar Airways is renowned for.
- Handle customer requirements/request professionally ensuring minimum complaints. Support travel agent with seat confirmation and arrange VIP booking/ticketing queries.
- Support staff and customers to resolve difficult issues/problems pertaining to reservations and ticketing, on daily basis.
- Arranges reservations and routing for passengers. Utilizing Amadeus system to make the booking for passengers.
- Issue tickets and quoting correct fares to customers
- Assigns specified space to customers and maintains computerized inventory of passengers spaces availability
- Minimize customers waiting time to two minutes
- Prepare staff roster to ensure proper distribution of manpower
- Guide and support staff and keep them updated with relevant changes in the industry and QR products/services
- Investigate complains to define and correct weak areas
- Ensure quality of work, meet the Airline standard, and motivate staff to achieve positive contribution on daily basis.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A relevant tertiary, Trade or vocational qualification
- A recognized IATA or Airline Advanced Passenger Tariff and Pricing Course
- Thorough knowledge of special rates / offers and promotions
- Strong experience of working within a ticketing environment
- Experience of working in a fast paced customer service environment
- Proven ability to manage Sales with due regards to the revenue
- Passion for delivering customer service
- Proven ability to resolve problems to the full satisfaction of the customer
- Ability to adhere to Management Policy and target sales mix to achieve maximum revenue
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV