QR16278 - Reservations & Ticketing Agent | Qatar Airways | Cape Town
Cape town - CPT
Full Time - Permanent
Africa | South Africa | Cape Town
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Job:
In this role, you will lead the reservation and ticketing agents and act as an intermediary between staff and management. You will plan, supervise, and support the team in order to achieve optimal customer satisfaction and surpass the annual revenue targets. You will replay information to the customer and assist in finding the right itinerary for their needs. You will cancel and change reservations when customers request it. You will also encourage teamwork, consistency of service and proper coordination.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Handling customer requirements and requests professionally ensuring minimum complaints. You will also support travel agents with seat confirmation and arrange VIP bookings/ticket queries
- Guiding and supporting staff and keeping updated with relevant changes in the industry and QR products/services
- Showing dedication and commitments to handle the maximum number of telephone calls and passengers whilst at all times carefully following QR procedures and regulations to achieve the highest possible quality of reservations service
- Arranging reservations and routings for passengers, utilising the Amadeus system to make the bookings for passengers and effectively communicating fares, policies and procedures to passengers by providing accurate information
- Issuing tickets and quoting correct fares to passengers
- Supporting staff and customers to resolve difficult issues and problems pertaining to reservations and ticketing on a daily basis
To be effective in this role, you will need a Trade or Vocational Qualification combined with a minimum of three years of job-related experience. Completion of the IATA Amadeus Certificate is an advantage. You will need excellent communication skills, thorough knowledge of fare construction and ticketing along with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision in a high-pressure environment.
You will need to be fluent (written and spoken) in English to perform this role.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate