QR16270 - Uniform Coordinator | Qatar Airways | Doha
Human Resources (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
Responsible for ensuring the company’s uniform issuances are correct and providing excellent customer service to all staff visiting the Uniform Department, as the customer experience must be consistently pleasant, seamless and trouble-free. Responsible for providing oversight of the many aspects that contribute to a smooth and efficient running of the Uniform Department.
- Performs regular interaction with user departments and identify the requirements for product enhancement/performance. Support all staff discrepancies with uniform allotments and deductions.
- Liaise with warehouse/Uniforms administration and inventory staff in order to ensure all end user departments function seamlessly and are streamlined to the Qatar Airways standard operating procedures.
- Assist with the organisation of uniform specifications for archives and update the same on a regular basis to ensure accurate and authentic specifications are compiled to avoid discrepancies and uniform fitting and quality inconsistencies.
- Conduct methodical Quality control and checks, Coordinating with Vendors and other departments regarding quality concerns and streamline process in order to ensure set standards of uniform quality is maintained.
- Provide input to present UMS enhancements and Uniform Policy developments.
- Responsible for Request for Offer (RFQ) evaluations and review.
- Responsible for implementing the new Inventory Management System.
- Compile and update precise and accurate data in order to generate stock and inventory reports for regular management review.
- Coordinate with Gulf Warehouse Company (GWC) Warehouse regarding stock levels / deliveries / delivery reports / delivery’s to Uniforms Stores / returns to GWC and storage charges.
- Coordinate with Cargo and Outstations to ensure that all paperwork is in place for smooth transfer of the goods and that all Outstation staff uniform requirements are met in a timely manner avoiding any delays of shipment of uniform merchandise from Doha Uniform stores to all Qatar Airways Outstation facilities.
- Maintain and Compile cargo shipments, documentation and update the system with correct and authentic information, in ordered to generate accurate reports for management review.
- Ensuring that all Customers receive the 5 star Customer Experience and that all clarifications and queries are answered in a prompt professional and efficient manner.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Support the Product Development team and other areas in the Uniforms Department in the day-to-day tasks.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Contribute towards Qatar Airways Group Environmental Objectives and targets.
- Have a good understanding of environmental principles and tools and how they apply to your department and role.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate