QR16212 - Manager Environment (Qatari National Only) | Hamad International Airport | Doha
Hamad International Airport
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Hamad International Airport
Hamad International Airport (HIA) is the hub for the rapidly expanding international Qatar Airways network. Open 24/7 and located just five km from Doha's city centre, the airport is used by more than 35 regional and international airlines. It is also home to the world’s only terminal dedicated to Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers.
As Manager Environment you Managing the environmental impact of the operations and growth of Hamad International Airport, to drive towards a sustainable operation by effective energy demand management, waste disposal and recycling and water conservation. Lead the HIA to comply with MME codes and regulations. Support HIA to obtain and maintain the awarded certificates related to the environment. Coordinate with another authorities in Qatar to implement their recommendations related to environment best practices.
You responsibilities will be:
- Support all levels of the organisation with advice and guidance on matters relating to the environment, and work to provide solutions and resolve problems by managing the environmental operations of the HIA FM department and the environmental aspects of the entire HIA estate. Ensure compliance to all government regulations regarding environment across the HIA estate, to maintain the required licenses and permits to operate within the state of Qatar.
- Monitor and prohibit any tasks/activities in HIA that will breach environmental regulations, policies and procedures of HIA and the State of Qatar.
- Develop and provide appropriate environment investigation methodology to ensure personal accountabilityand improvement of environmental risk management, including monitoring and interpretation of statisticaldata.
- Develop and implement environmental management strategies across the HIA estate, to manage sustainable development, resource conservation, and waste reduction.
- Identify and assess the environmental risks to the airport and put plans into place to mitigate that risk to an acceptable level.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience.
- Experience in Facilities Management environment, Engineering environment and Environmental Management.
- Environmental instructor or training experience.
- Energy demand management experience.
- Environment Qualifications and Certifications.
- ECO Certification.
- AEP - Associate Environmental Professional.
- Demonstrable proactive Environmental Management and a can do attitude.
- Proactive Change Management.
- Managerial Skills.
- Implement an Environment team within HIA FM.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport