Leadership & Management:
On a shift basis and within the assigned areas
• Responsible for the allocation and planning of baggage handling resource usages for safe and efficient baggage handling operation from customer experience, OTP, and equipment, systems & facilities availability and reliability perspectives.
• Ensure overall optimized baggage handling process through resource allocation and usage.
• Ensure that management instructions, company policies, and standard operating procedures are followed and implemented.
• Ensure that manuals, process descriptions and procedures are updated and are in line with international and national regulations and companies policies.
• Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure seamless operations and coordinate the best balance between operational and maintenance requirements.
• Provide input and feedback to BHS Simulation runs.
On a shift basis and within the assigned areas.
• Generate and update baggage handling resource allocation plan as needed.
• Monitors the actual operation and performs needed changes to the planned allocation based on operational requirements in real time.
• Coordinate with BH Supervisor to attend to and to resolve problems related to baggage handling resource allocation.
• Identify and escalate risks and/or operational deficiencies, and implements effective solutions.
• Study, compile, and analyse statistics reports to identify and escalate risks and/or operational deficiencies, and implements effective solutions.
• Update and inform through reporting channels of necessary modifications or enhancements with supporting justifications to the processes, facilities and systems relating to baggage handling and hold baggage screening operations.
• Monitor and control outsourced contractors’ staff and performance service levels.
• Provide guidance and support to the execution of agreed regular maintenance activities in accordance
with BHS and HBSS provider guidelines.
• Liaise between HIA, appointed sub-contractors, the handling company and carriers, HIA departments,
and relevant stakeholders to optimize baggage handling resource allocation and to ensure seamless
operations and coordinate the best balance between operational and maintenance requirements.
• Ensure safe operation of all baggage handling equipment and systems including ancillary facilities.
• Ensure compliance with all standard operating procedure for baggage handling and related facilities.
•Generate, compile and consolidate baggage handling operations and maintenance shift statistical data reports for troubleshooting and planning purpose.
• Generate, compile and consolidate shift summary reports of resource availability and usage for optimization planning purpose, and for monitoring and control of system availability.
• Ensure production of incident reports, shift reports, and safety reports for HIA management team.