As a Tour Guide, You will be responsible to provide a comprehensive and remarkable guest experience through the delivery of tours and desert safari services in Discover Qatar (DQ) product range, maintaining the highest quality and safety standards, to build our reputation as the leading Destination Management Company in Qatar. Act as an expert on the history or uniqueness of the location and offering the tour groups interesting or enlightening information about points of interest at nature attractions, historic sites, museums, scenic locations, and other travel destinations.
You will also be responsible for but not limited to:
- Plan itineraries by researching and having available data regarding opening and visiting times of all major attractions, as well as current exhibitions and displays - responsible for researching thoroughly prior to giving the tour and be prepared and organized for each step of the process, from greeting visitors upon arrival to arranging transportation between locations. Lead the group according to the itinerary and ensure that the program runs without faults.
- Organise and lead bus and safari tours, walking tours, boat tours, historical and cultural tours and excursions. Offer sightseeing and activities’ advice in line with approved guidelines.
- Responsible for giving tours to the group of visitors as an expert in regional points of interest, historical sites, neighbourhoods, museums and other sites and by retaining historical and cultural facts, dates and anecdotes, and relay information to visitors in an entertaining and informative way, which will allow visitors to fully experience and enjoy the Qatar’s social, cultural and historical highlights.
- Create a positive and lasting guest experience and impression of the region in accordance with the standards set by DQ and QTA tour guide licensing.
- Deal with guest complaints in a pro-active and solution focused manner. Follow-up with client whenever necessary. Answer all visitors’ questions and keep the tour organized, efficient, and safe.
- Report all service delivery failings and guest feedback to the office in the event of guest compensation.
- Conduct and deliver right time scheduled and ad-hoc tours and safaris according to the selected itinerary through 3 main principals of safety, Education and Enjoyment.
- Act as ambassador for DQ in the delivery of incentive and familiarization trips for tour operators and potential business partners of Qatar Airways.