QR15457 - Airport Services Duty Officer | Qatar Airways | Sydney
Ground Services (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Asia Pacific | Australia | Sydney
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
As the Airport Services Duty Officer, you will be responsible for the overall control of the shift as a direct representative of the Airport Services Manager. You will monitor the activities of all flights, staff and GHA and third party contractors to ensure an efficient operation runs safely and punctually on a daily basis.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Overseeing the day to day operation and acting as a liaison between airport service providers and users and monitoring the day to day operations
- Providing input and recommendations to management to improve the effectiveness of the daily operations
- Ensuring passenger and aircraft handling practices confirm to safety and security requirements
- Managing and controlling manpower on the shift in order to optimise utilisation and to maintain staff moral and discipline
- Resolving customer problems and complaints effectively across all departments including customer relations and providing resolutions for complaint handling
- Conducting briefing sessions for QR and GHA staff and supervisors on every shift
- Compiling detailed station handling report for the Airport Services Manager on a shift to shift basis
To be successful in this role, you will need a bachelor degree combined with a minimum of four years job-related experience specifically within a supervisory role for an airline or within the airport environment. You will have a solid understanding of weight and balance, ramp handling and dangerous goods regulations and have completed an advanced course in passenger handling. You must be able to perform duties under pressure whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service and adhering to tight deadlines.
You will need to be fluent (written and spoken) in English for this opportunity.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)