QR15417 - Reservations & Ticketing Officer | Qatar Airways | Manila
Full Time - Permanent
Asia Pacific | Philippines | Manila
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
Responsible for overall operation of reservation department, including customer relations issues, within a designated station. Lead and motivate the Reservations staff and act an intermediary between the staff and Management. Plan, supervise, and support the Reservations staff in order to achieve optimal customer satisfaction and surpass the annual revenue targets. Encourage teamwork, consistency of service and proper coordination.
- Handle customer requirement/request professionally ensuring minimum complaints. Support Travel Agent with seat confirmation and arrange VIP bookings/ticketing queries.
- Be in charge of customer relations within the designated station.
- Continuously seek for and implement service improvement initiatives.
- Plan telesales campaigns and convey it to Supervisors and Agents.
- Make acquaintance with GDS system and policy. Update the team member accordingly.
- Handle difficult customer query with minimal or no supervision.
- Analyse and give solution to customer complain as required to his senior. Investigate complaints to define and correct weak areas.
- Brief and update the Reservations Office or Reservation Manager regularly on any requests that require their approval. Recommend system and process enhancements to Management.
- Responsible for auditing team members' sales presentation techniques and customer interactions during formal presentations and telephone conversations (Ingoing/Outgoing)
- Support staff and customers to resolve difficult issues/problems pertaining to Reservations and Ticketing, on a daily basis.
- Prepare staff roaster to ensure proper distribution of manpower.
- Drive improvement in team efficiencies through review, enhancement and application of internal processes
- Guide and support staff and keep them updated with relevant changes in the industry and QR products/services. Guide, support and assist the Reservations Agent on any queries and supervise the unit in the absence of Reservations Manager
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department and teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives
- Regularly evaluate the department and team objectives, plans, procedures and practices and makes appropriate changes if needed
- Oversee and supervise employees in direct daily activities. Recruit, train, develop, coach, appraise and discipline employees to ensure a high standard of service delivery
- Prepare staff roster and plan staff annual leave to ensure proper distribution of manpower throughout the year to meet commercial need
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth to expertise
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program
- Supervise staff, ensure quality of work meets the Airline standard, and motivate staff to achieve position contribution on daily basis
- Assess staff strength and weaknesses and reduce customer complaints and errors by on-the-job training and coaching
- Encourage teamwork and motivation
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by management
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent with
- Qatar Airways in-house Computer Reservation and Ticketing [e.g. Amadeus] for internal candidates
- A Recognized IATA or Airline Advanced Passenger Tariff and Pricing Course
- Experienced - minimum 4 years of job-related experience required
- Thorough knowledge of special rates/offers/promotions.
- Proven ability to manage room sales with due regard to the Revenue.
- Ability to adhere to Management Policy and target sales mix to achieve maximum room revenue, ensuring every opportunity to sell is taken.
- Input reservation requests through telephone in.
- High potential individual willing to be trained/learned.
Job Specific Skills:
- Mathematical skill.
- Fair knowledge of World Geography.
- Excellent English Language communication skills – spoken/written.
- Works within Organizational Structure and Culture.
- Demonstrates Quality Consciousness.
- Managerial skill – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skill. Ability to foster teamwork among
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV