QR15283 - Finance Supervisor | Qatar Airways | Beijing
Full Time - Permanent
Asia Pacific | China | Beijing
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
As the Finance Supervisor, you will ensure correct and timely processing of documents in line with QR Finance policies and procedures and you will provide support to Finance-in-Charge.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Work with business partners to prepare and pass accruals to ensure accurate financial accounting
- Assist with the preparation of monthly cost centre and general ledger schedules with meaningful remarks/
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and action open items on the reconciliation
- Prepare AP Aging fortnightly with meaningful remarks and forward to HQ AP
- Ensure all suppliers invoices are processed and accounted accurately through AP module as per IAPs, with proper approvals, payment analysis, supporting document. A Quality check must be maintained in co-ordination with FO and FM to make sure invoices are verified, checked, approved, accounted accurately with all supporting as per relevant IAP and policies.
- Ensure DOC analysis process reflects current best practice within QR and that monthly review and sign off is completed.
- Co-ordinate with FO and FM to ensure sufficient funds are available at all times in disbursement account
to process and pay supplier invoices
- Ensure AP aging is reviewed weekly and open transactions are actioned promptly to avoid any late settlement
Budget and Forecast
- Assist with preparation of budget files for management review
- Prepare budget submission files and input data into Quantum
- Assist with production of COSR and other forecast files for Commercial Management review
- Ensure Daily sales/refund is reported by Ticketing offices, Airport offices, collections are made 100%
without shortage (cash, credit + credit card)
- Reconcile Daily sales/refund with Cash, credit and credit card sales and ensure no shortage. Any discrepancy/shortage in cash must be notified immediately to FO and FM.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts Town offices, airport offices, BSP sales is done twice a week to ensure customer accounts are reconciled and offset.
- Maintain all reconciliation records in a soft format or hard copies for future reference
- Ensure ACMs, ADMs are raised promptly,
- Credit card charge backs are handled promptly. Investigate and Propose write off if not recoverable based on nature of mistakes
- Ensure VAT records are correctly maintained and that all supporting documentation and details of any items disallowed are appropriately filed.
- Review any C79 entries to ensure duty items are correctly recorded and act as primary contact for all duty queries.
- Ensure all payroll taxes are paid over in line with deadlines and that P11Ds are submitted on time.
- Ensure accurate accounting is done, accruals are made during the accounting month
- Ensure payroll files are completed and submitted in line with third party payroll company deadlines and that Payroll details are reviewed thoroughly and corrected before it is approved for disbursement.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of the payroll process to be able to act as back up if SFA is not available and act as second point of contact and escalation with payroll company.
- Monthly Payroll reconciliation is performed as per IAP
To be successful in this role, you will need a Professional Accounting qualification OR Commerce degree, combined with a minimum of three years job-related experience. You will have a minimum of two years of experience within the aviation/airlines sector with strong expenditure or revenue accounting exposure. User level experience in an ERP, such as Oracle, is required. A professional accounting qualification such as CA / CPA/ ACCA/ CIMA/ ICWA or similar would be well regarded.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)