QR15072 - Finance Officer | Qatar Airways | London
Full Time - Permanent
Europe | UK | London
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
We are looking for someone with a strong background in Finance to join our team in London as a Finance Officer and oversee the routine operation of the Finance department. You will be responsible for a team and will ensure that all assignment of tasks is evenly distributed within the team and oversee that all jobs are completed accurately.
- Experience working across Handling and accounting of local taxes applicable to airline business
- Receivables processing, Accounting , reconciliations of Receivables customer accounts
- Timely collection and control of receivables
- Processing, verification and accounting of vendor invoice processing and payments with no penalties
- Production, disbursement, accounting and control on staff payroll and OT
- Correct monthly closing as per HQ target dates
- Identify reasons for variances and control cost by proper follow up; Receivables are timely collected and credit evaluation of agents is done before ticketing.
- Reconciliation and control of balance sheets accounts
- Financial Accounting of monthly accruals /provisions/prepayments/amortization of expenses etc with accuracy
- Spot checks/self audits to maintain high quality of accounting performance, compliance of company procedures and policies
- Variance analysis and cost control
- Control of Capital and non-capital assets
- Processes different reconciliations, including bank accounts, payroll, Receivables customer accounts, vendor customer accounts
- Forecasting and Budgeting, and effective cost control management on spend, liaison with cost center holders
- Monthly closings and reporting
- Handle internal and external (local government audits)
- Support and guidance to business units on areas touching to finance
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A degree in Finance Accounting, preferred qualification ACA/ ACCA/ CPA/ CIMA
- Strong background within Finance ideally within an airline or travel industry
- Previous experience managing and motivating a team
- Previous exposure across Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Taxes and Audit
- Experience working with Financial systems ideally Oracle Financials
- Experience working with Microsoft Office with ability to analyse data and work with formulas
- Good Power-point and presentational skills
- Resilient with the ability to work under pressure and deal with tight deadlines
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate