QR15060 - Senior Development Chef | Qatar Airways | Doha
Catering Services (Division)
Catering Services (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role: Senior Development Chef:
In this role you will be responsible to translate the Qatar Airways brand characteristics into a world-leading airline cuisine product. As a Senior Development Chef you will provide Specialist support to the development of innovative menus and all service components by providing practical and hands-on support to suppliers and catering performance team to ensure delivery of five star product and food which is outstanding as a standard network - wide. You will track and report on compliance to QR standards and support delivery of all aspects of QR's Food and Beverage (F&B) offer as required.
- Responsible for providing robust and specialist culinary support to the development process of new menus for selected group of stations/ caterers ensuring compliance within defined parameters
- Defines and develops detailed recipes and product specifications for each individual menu component as required
- Monitors and Reports on product quality performance worldwide in regards to food and beverage delivery with detailed reports to colleagues and senior management to build and drive delivery of improved consistency of food and beverage.
- Actively monitors cost impacts and seeks out broad alliance opportunities to enhance the customer offer whilst mitigating cost
- Responsible for reviewing the quality and consistency of all F&B documentation such as menus and plating guides
- Responsible for providing hands - on support to internal and external events as required representing QR to the best manner to all parties
- Evaluates different supply opportunities from an operational and financial perspective providing analysis as appropriate to support business decisions and recommendations
- Leads culinary input to station catering supplier selection processes, delivering robust analysis of caterer capability and clear recommendation to support business decisions
- Manages suppliers to develop central sourcing and other supply opportunities in all markets to improve product consistency and reduce cost
- Co-ordination of menu changes with all stakeholders at all times to ensure clarity for the suppliers and internal teams
- Works directly with suppliers and teams to deliver the QR food vision, style and standards against clear plans and carries out regular checks of inbound/outbound food reporting results to ensure delivery is to specification.
- Translates the Qatar Airways food and beverage philosophy into appropriate menus reflecting the cuisine characteristic of one or more specific culinary regions
- Proposes and prepares menu items suitable for service in all the three cabins and on all lengths of flights.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate documentation of recipes, techniques, trips/tricks and inspiration into the Qatar Airways F&B Manual and ensure that the menu grids reflect the ingredients and recipes required to create the dishes
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate preparation of appropriate menu card documentation to effectively and efficiently communicate the nature of the cuisines to the passengers
- Develop and manage menu structures, sector service matrices, rations and menu concepts to reflect the characteristics of the Qatar Airways passengers and ensure that the full information is provided to the catering team so that the product can be raised in production and to maximize customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the planning, organizing and conduct of service simulations and trials when required and responsible for carrying out product research and development into F&B trends.
- Support the airline's service delivery teams to ensure that they are effectively able to deliver the chef's cuisine products onboard Qatar Airways flights
- Research new developments in cuisine and implement innovative recipes, techniques, culinary styles and presentation techniques into the cuisine offering
- Provide input to the development menu rotation strategies
- Monitor passenger and crew feedback to identify opportunities to improve the cuisine product
Experience and Qualifications::
You should hold Bachelor Degree with minimum 7 years of job related experience or Hotel Management/Culinary arts with 10+ years of hands on food related experience given the nature of the role
- Experience in contract food service or a fine dining establishment
- Experience in food product development
- Menu Development experience for a major airline
- Cabin Crew experience is an advantage
- Creative flair to the culinary arts and exposure to the latest trends and developments in cuisine
- Excellent knowledge of Catering, food quality and production methods
- Proficiency in menu cost control, catering management and inventory management
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office suits
- Fluent in English for both written and verbal presentation
We are looking for someone with impeccable interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with a wide variety of staff at all levels in a kitchen environment, with suppliers and airline management. You should have meticulous attention to detail with excellent organizational and planning skills. You should not be willing to compromise on passenger satisfaction. You should be flexible with the ability to work under pressure.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate