QR15059 - Finance Officer | Qatar Airways | Colombo
Full Time - Permanent
South Asia | Sri Lanka | Colombo
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role you will manage the finance function for Sri Lanka in line with Qatar Airways policies and internal accounting procedures. You will co-ordinate on financial and business matters at the station as well as delivering monthly reports to various business units.
Your key accountabilities include:
- Handling and accounting of local taxes applicable to airline business
- Receivables processing, Accounting , reconciliations of Receivables customer accounts
- Timely collection and control of receivables
- Processing, verification and accounting of vendor invoice processing and payments with no penalties
- Production, disbursement, accounting and control on staff payroll and OT
- Correct monthly closing as per HQ target dates
- Identify reasons for variances and control cost by proper follow up; Receivables are timely collected and credit evaluation of agents is done before ticketing.
- Reconciliation and control of balance sheets accounts
- Financial Accounting of monthly accruals /provisions/prepayments/amortization of expenses etc with accuracy
- Spot checks/self audits to maintain high quality of accounting performance, compliance of company procedures and policies
- Variance analysis and cost control
- Control of Capital and non-capital assets
- Processes different reconciliations, including bank accounts, payroll, Receivables customer accounts, vendor customer accounts
- Forecasting and Budgeting, and effective cost control management on spend, liaison with cost center holders
- Monthly closings and reporting
- Handle internal and external (local government audits)
- Support and guidance to business units on areas touching to finance
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Accounting or equivalent professional accounting accreditation e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA etc
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a similar role. (Airline experience - desirable)
- Knowledge local laws and regulations like VAT, tax, payroll etc. (desirable)
- Experience of Oracle Financials
- User level experience in any ERP;
- Advance working experience with Excel spreadsheets;
- Must be comfortable with Swedish legislation, and audit requirements
- Excellent English communication skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV