QR14850 - Business Finance Manager - Corporate Control | Qatar Airways | Doha
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
In the role of Business Finance Manager supporting Corporate Control, you will be responsible for the support of corporate control departments in all Finance related matters mainly the preparation of financial and strategic planning, monitoring variance against the budget, Forecasts, evaluating opportunities/risks / efficiencies, and implementation of cost control.
As a leader, the role will assist staff members in providing value-added, meaningful, and insightful reporting and analysis for Senior Management.
- Accountable to present an objective view of the financial situation and provide sound recommendations for the allocation of resources in the most efficient way to achieve the business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring monthly expenditure variance on an ongoing basis and ensuring that actual expenditure remains in line with the plan.
- Lead investigation when variances are significant and taking necessary control action as required.
- Lead, direct and manage the preparation, execution and analysis of the budget and rolling forecasts
- Responsible to lead the units strategic business drivers to determine investment allocation, creating comprehensive and highly structured Business Cases for proposed projects, ascertaining investment cost and benefits to scope, dependencies, risk, and its alignment to strategic objectives.
- Introduce a way of thinking culture that causes people with the authority to recommend projects to first consider their value, risks and relative priority as a fundamental element of submitting the project proposal.
- Accountable for evaluating opportunities/risks/ efficiencies by providing sufficient information to facilitate fair evaluations.
- Responsible to report on the KPI performance of the assigned group of departments
- Review internal controls and recommend enhancements.
- Able to present solid proof business cases to Cost Management Committee (CMC)
- Ability to enhance costing process for development and further changes.
- Enhance and continue improvements of systems and automations.
- Suggest and write up draft Policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Internal Accounting Procedures (IAPs)
- Monthly cost centre(s) reviews, with department heads, showing financial performances of assigned group of departments
- Regular review of balance sheet accounts, preparation and submission of monthly financial schedules.
- Regular meetings should be held with various subordinates (BFOs) for follow up and update on business issues, spreadsheet tracker has to be maintained for such activity and then a weekly meeting with the senior manager briefing him on urgent and pending issues.
- Ensure proper hand over documents, summary on business issues, and status reports are prepared by subordinates (BFOs) before going on annual leaves.
- Review of the inventory and report on discrepancies with reasons and root causes of the differences.
- Ascertain projects are capitalized as soon as they are completed, necessary documents and reconciliation tables are provided for the capitalization process.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
You will have a University qualification at Bachelor's level in Accounting or Finance with preferably an additional CA/CMA/CPA/MBA qualification.
In addition, you will have 7 or more years’ experience in a similar role with the following job specific skills:
- Knowledge of cost centre accounting, preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Expert in costing methodologies and cost reduction techniques.
- Work closely with management to improve cost control and reduce the waste.
- Must have the ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review variances, understand business cycle and their impact on the profit and loss account.
- Able to generate a complex business cases and present it to Senior Management
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are a must, as is the ability to work effectively across the organization.
- Must have excellent organizational ability to be able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks.
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information.
- Must have excellent presentation skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Access and Power Point and have proficiency with Oracle Financials.
- Experience working to tight internal reporting timescales.
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Enhance and continue improvements of operational systems.
- Team management experience
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV