QR14689 - Senior Finance Assistant | Qatar Airways | Khartoum
Khartoum - KRT
Full Time - Permanent
Africa | Sudan | Khartoum
Last date of application:
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
As the Senior Finance Assistant, you will ensure correct and timely processing of documents in line with QR policies and procedures
- Send monthly statement of accounts to all customers
- Issue letters per week to follow up payments and queries with customers
- Reviews of statement of accounts and clear old due invoices with customers
- Follows up with customers /suppliers for payments by phones, email or official letters
- Collect payments (cheques and cash) from customers and issue receipts for receiving payments
- Maintains receivable calendar of all agents and monitor the exposure. Ensure timely settlement of receivables both sales and debit notes as per settlement dates / contracts and no debts exceed the approved credit limit.
- Issue credit notes for customers by using E travel system
- Reconciles customer accounts in order to clear discrepancies or queries.
- Issue manual refund report for black listed tickets and upload it by E travel system.
- Ensure that all invoices are supported with proper original LPO’s
- Approves AP accounts
- Reconciles AP accounts
- Prepare and maintaining payment analysis sheets and expense vouchers
- Assist tax compliance /filling /documentation and accurate accounting. Checking and verifying source documents and assist Tax consultant in statutory tax filling and VAT refund claims. Submission of VAT, NSSF and other taxes as per local regulations
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent
- Strong expenditure and revenue accounting background with advanced knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Experience in any major ERP for book keeping and advanced working experience on spread sheets are required
- You will be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Fluency in both English & Arabic (oral and written) is required.
- Resilience with a positive can-do attitude and flexible approach
- Strong team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV