QR14169 - Finance Assistant - Cash | Qatar Airways Subsidiaries | Doha
Qatar Aviation Services
Customer Services - QAS (Division)
Full Time - Permanent
Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application:
Qatar Aviation Services
Qatar Aviation Services (QAS) is an award winning, premier ground handling organisation whose global headquarter is at Hamad International Airport (HIA), the hub airport of Qatar Airways. Since its establishment in 2000, QAS has developed a reputation as a premium provider of world-class ground services to: international airlines; Heads of State and VVIPs; private fleets and customers; executive charter flights and cargo operators.
The QAS team comprising of over 8,000 strong multicultural employees, is dedicated to fulfilling the total passenger and cargo requirements of the airport, the airlines and customers it serves. This team of highly trained and diversely skilled staff is the reason for QAS outstanding success and their Customer’s satisfaction.
About the role:
To ensure the accurate collection and deposit of sales generated from QAS EBT, Porter Services, Oryx Lounge and ad hoc cash handling QDF Sales etc. Effectively handle all cash and credit transactions on a daily basis. Deposit funds with the Accounts department in a timely manner. Effectively maintain accounts, follow up / reconciliation, monitor payments and receipts. Review and reconcile on a daily basis. Liaise with external and internal customers providing high standards of support, with a customer service oriented attitude and assist team in creating a strong sense of unity.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Cash handling risk. Accountable for any cash shortage i.e. cash shortages will be deducted from salary.
- Reconcile daily cash collection.
- Collection of cash and card sales from customers. Sorting of collection and tallying of cash /credit card collections with sales.
- Deposit funds in a timely manner at agreed location or bank as directed by Finance department. Ensure a cash deposit summary prepared in timely manner and submitted for finance with a confirmation/ reconciled signature.
- File and record all deposit slip or cash receipts for finance review and records.
- Control and release petty cash for approved requesters following finance policy.
- Interact with passengers, airport and airline staffs, duty managers, bank staffs with professional conduct.
- Ensure no credit facility is given to any customer unless written approval is obtained from Finance authority under the Finance Policy related to Credit.
- Prepare daily and monthly closing reports on a timely basis.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- High School Qualification (e.g. O level, Year 10, min compulsory education)
- Fluent in English language both written and spoken.
- Diploma or Associate Degree or equivalent
- Arabic language will be an added advantage.
- Experienced - minimum 2 years of job-related experience required
- One year experience in currency handling.
- Previous experience as a Cashier/Finance Assistant preferably in a Multinational/Airline/Hospitality organisation desirable.
- Experience in computerized working environment.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV